Terms & Conditions
The following document must be agreed on prior to any renting of equipment during the checkout process.
IMPORTANT: This document affects your legal rights. Read carefully before agreeing to this document.
I acknowledge the following and hold harmless ALL references of Organization/Business from here stated to mean System Services LLC, iPaddlePort, Albert Lea Lakes Foundation, The City of Albert Lea, and all host/ownership groups identified on this website.
1. I hereby acknowledge that I am 18 years old or older.
2. My participation is voluntary; no one is forcing me to participate.
3. I acknowledge this activity is NOT an ESSENTIAL service provided by this organization/business.
4. I understand and acknowledge the activity I and my party are about to voluntarily engage in as a participant/renter has certain risks including: lifting and carrying injuries, capsizing and drowning, as well as contact with pests and pathogens in the environment. I understand these risks known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated may result in injury, death, illness or disease or cause damage to myself or my property, or to other persons and their property.
5. In consideration of being allowed to participate in the activity, I hereby personally assume all risks in connection with this activity and I hereby agree to hold this organization/business, its officials, employees, agents and contractors harmless and I waive any right to make claims or bring lawsuits against this organization/business or anyone working on behalf of this organization/business for any injuries or damages related to the alleged negligence of this organization/business.
6. This waiver does not apply to any injuries or damages that are the result of a willful, wanton, or intentional misconduct by this organization/business or anyone acting on behalf of this organization/business.
7. I understand that entering into and accepting this agreement affects my legal rights and will result in my giving up or waiving certain legal rights and I accept this and accept this agreement of my own free will.
8. The terms of this agreement shall bind the members of my family, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representatives if I am deceased.
10. My acceptance of this agreement indicates I have read this entire document, understand It completely, acknowledge that it cannot be modified or changed in any way by oral representations, and agree to be bound by its terms for myself and to any other/minor individuals within my party; specifically the continuous use of life jackets by myself and anyone in my party, and for the loss or damage of any equipment.